Resources listed here are available in the
Indiana History room or on-line. Please
if you have questions or need help with Marshall County genealogy.
PPL has subscriptions to AncestryLibrary, HeritageQuest Online,
and GenealogyBank. AncestryLibrary can be accessed in the
HeritageQuest Online, Fold 3 and
GenealogyBank, can be accessed with a Plymouth Public Library Card. Two computers
with links to these databases are available for public use in the Indiana Room.
- Federal Census on Microfilm of
Marshall County 1840 through 1930. There is one microfilm reader/printer
for public use
- Indiana Cemetery Locations on CD
- Plymouth City Directories and Phone
Books - published every other year, starting in 1876. Available City
Directories are: 1876, 1914, 1919, 1929, 1949, 1952, 1953, 1956-1972, 1975,
1979-Present. Available phone directories are 1948-1959.
Plymouth City Directory Online - Browse the 1919 City Directory for
- Plymouth Newspapers on Microfilm ca
1850 to 2012.
- Marshall County marriage records
The following items may be found in the yellow boxes in the Indiana Room
• Everton's Genealogical Helper
• Plymouth Funeral Home Records (1887-1950)
• Hoosier Genealogist (Now named Connections)
• Indiana Preservationist (2006-Present)
• Indiana History Bulletin
• Indiana Historian
• Indiana Magazine of History (1909-1986 and 1988-Present)
• Marshall County Roots and Branches
• Marshall County Historical Society Quarterly (1973 – Present)
• South Bend Genealogical Society Quarterly (1979-Present)
• Surname supplement
• Traces (1989-Present)
• Other Miscellaneous Materials
Links to genealogy sites on the
The vertical file on the south end of the
Indiana Room contains cemetery records, individual family genealogies and the
Marshall County Pioneer Society Records. The vertical file on the north end of
the room contains newspaper clippings and pamphlets
organized into various subjects.